Android App Anatomy
Android has come a long way since version 1.0. Thanks to the compatibility library, we can use most of the hot new APIs on any Android device. In this talk, Eric Burke shows how to craft modern Android applications in a clean, maintainable way using the newest APIs.
- Lifecycle deep dive: loaders, fragments, and dialogs
- One activity, many fragments
- Avoiding the God object with an event bus
- Ensuring big images don’t break your app
- Following Android design guidelines on any device
Eric Burke is the Android Engineering Manager at Square where he works on the Pay with Square and Square Card Reader Android applications. Eric has presented at technical conferences, taught many Java classes, and even wrote three books for O’Reilly. He is passionate about creating delightful, pixel-perfect user interfaces on Android.